For more information on the tools used by the community, browse the package repository.
- Simplest possible app
- Using CommonJS modules
- Adding example data
- Views lists shows updates etc
- Defining queries
- Third-party modules
Screencasts and other videos on developing applications with Kanso.
- CouchApps Reborn - A quick introduction to Kanso and the latest development tools
Users and authentication
CouchDB ships with a ready-made user database and cookie authentication built-in. These guides are releated to the login, logout and signup of users.
Permissions and validation
Manage who can access which databases and ensure the data in your database is valid.
- User roles
- Database security
- Validate doc updates
- Getting started with CouchTypes
The automatic rendering, parsing and validation of forms based on models or document type definitions.
Most these frameworks provide client-side URL Routing, some with additional support for models or templates.
- Porting from Kanso 0.0.7
- Using coffeescript with kanso
- Kanso for node.couchapp.js and reupholster developers
- Kanso for developers using the python couchapp tool
- Sharing code between views
- Autopush Changes With Watchr
This section covers the core tools and concepts underpinning the Kanso approach to development and should be relevant to every application developer, regardless of their choice of frameworks or other resources.
The command-line program used to manage packages and applications.
- Deploying / building applications
- Working with JSON data
- Configuration .kansorc
Using, building and distributing Kanso packages. These packages form the core of the Kanso approach to development and allow you to easily share build steps (such as compiling coffee-script or loading attachments) or resources (including libraries, views, templates etc).
- kanso.json format
- Managing dependencies
- Publishing Packages
- Build-steps (preprocessors, postprocessors)
- Using development packages (configuration)
For more information, examples, or answers to questions not answered by this wiki, the Kanso community may be able to provide you with support.